Monday, October 4, 2010

Finally Fall!

I couldn't be happier to see the leaves changing and feel a chill in the air!  Over enthusiastic? Maybe.  But that doesn't make me wrong.  Fall is a great time of year to be outdoors and take pictures.  In fact, that is the only thing I want to accomplish this week- pictures of my dogs in the leaves.  I'll be sure to post a good one if I ever get the motivation to pick up a rake.  I also love this season because I got the chance to celebrate Parker's 3rd birthday (our first together) and on Wednesday, I get to do the same with Skye.  It's hard to believe they are anywhere close to the same age, since Parker is such a grumpy old man, and Skye is such a rambunctious toddler, but domestication has done a lot to our canine companions. 

I'm not sure what the general consensus is on celebrating dog birthdays, but I've found myself to be a total sucker for them.  I don't have kids or young siblings, so a real birthday party has not been on the agenda for a while.  Parker's birthday involved hats, candles, cheesecake for humans, and Yoghund for dogs.  We didn't invite any doggie pals over, but that is mainly due to the fact that we don't have any.  At least not any whose humans would be caught dead at a dog party.  I got Parker a special chew, which for him is the ultimate prize, and my parents got him some toys.  Skye will be getting a lovely new martingale for agility from The Mod Dog, which shipped out this morning.  She may also get some special food item on the way home from work, but that's still up in the air.  Unfortunately, I didn't take the final step into the dog birthday frenzy, and plan a party at work.  Day camp dogs announce birthday themes ahead of time.  Guests bring gifts, and the lucky dog's owner makes goodie bags and buys decorations, including a costume for the birthday dog.  Every dog in camp that day gets a piece of doggie cake and their picture taken.  It's a pretty big deal, not gonna lie.  I didn't go that far, mostly because I can't afford to make 30 goodie bags.  I also needed a good theme that both my dogs could enjoy, and was stumped.  Any suggestions?  Any good dog birthday stories?  I'd love to ramble on and on, but dinner for humans and dogs is approaching, and Skye's third agility class is tonight.  Wahoo!!

Based on this picture, I'd say there aren't quite enough leaves yet to make a pile.  
Skye's remarkable focus is due to the squeaky football in my hand.  Don't be fooled.

1 comment:

  1. We love your duo. Not sure about birthday themes, but excited to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...