Monday, December 20, 2010

Pictures with Puppy

Oh happy day.  Now that Aspen has returned home, the dogs and I have had a full nights sleep and feel much better about the whole experience.  Despite all the trouble he caused and the difficulty I had in not teaching him some basic behaviors, we all had fun.

There was a lot of sprinting around the yard...


A few moments of stillness...


And frequent power naps by the wood stove...




In the end, I'm glad he isn't a permanent member of the household.  I started this blog because Skye was a constant test of my patience.  Aspen has shown me how much Skye has matured in the last 8 months (thank goodness!).  He also helped me realize how badly I don't need a third dog right now.  I'm honestly surprised I didn't break a bone trying to walk them at the same time Sunday morning, and going for a romp on the beach was the closest I've ever come to juggling.  For now, I'll stick to the occasional dog sitting gig.  Especially if they're as cute as Aspen.

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how we never really notice the good progress about our dogs, until we have another unruly dog to compare with. I do love those ears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those ears! They may be the cutest I have ever seen. But I think I like the sleeping photo the best.

    I don't think I could handle two dogs, let alone three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the sleeping photo is so cute! Your dogs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...