Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Semi-Wordless Wednesday

Spring?  What is this Spring that you speak of?  Actually, today was a beautiful day in the neighborhood.  In camp we were able to stay outside the entire day, which makes me very happy.  The dogs run more, I don't have to mop up every leg lift, and I can sit in the sun.  But I didn't anticipate one little snag with a full day outside- Skye. 

Skye has adapted to the indoor-outdoor routine of camp pretty well.  When we move inside, she can go get a drink of water, start playing, or bark and go in a crate.  With Skye, once the barking starts it never stops.  She gets into a routine and cannot stop without an interruption like a time out.  But outside, there are no crates.  So today she started out just fine...

Ball please!

But then we didn't go inside.  Something changed... bark?  Most definitely!

Play?

PLAY WITH MEEEE

WAIT FOR MEEEE!!
It went on and on.  I even got this nice shot of her mid-bark... it makes me a little more sympathetic for people who think pits are scary.  At least she was just playing!

ROAR!!
So wordless it was not, but it's a good heads up for me.  We'll have to establish a new routine to keep the barking at bay out in the play yard.  It doesn't help that Parker is incapable of playing without making noise, and he was Skye's primary teacher in the play department.  So I'll shut my own mouth for the time being and pick up the training efforts. 

4 comments:

  1. Ah haa!! I love the crazy faced- picture! Good luck working on her barking, after ten years I still don't have Charlie's completely under control yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring is here in full bloom :)

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure where you're getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.

    My webpage: useful golden retriever lab mix breeders content

    ReplyDelete
  4. For most recent information you have to pay a quick visit world wide web and on internet I found this site as a finest web
    site for most recent updates.

    my page labrador retriever mix

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...