Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mail Time!

This week Parker and Skye received a few exciting things in the mail, and they wanted to share them with you!

The first is only exciting to me, but there was a deal on Good Morning America for Zuke's Mini Naturals, which is my training treat of choice, so how could I pass this up?  I bought 4 bags; 2 for my office, 1 in the car, and the last one at home.  That way, no matter where I am I can't run out of treats!

Ok, moving on.  Our pretty pittie Skye won a photo contest!  Pittie Full Events Plus held a contest for lazy summer pit bull pictures, and for the first time ever, Skye and I won!  We submitted this picture taken at one of our favorite hiking spots:


 

So, a few weeks after Skye was announced as the winner, this showed up at our door:


Does that have my name on it?

Watching Skye open a package is a lot like watching an infant eating cake.  It's just messy.

Skye was so happy she made herself itchy.

It didn't take Parker long to spot the Michael Vick toy, and we all know what happened next.

The whole package: Vick doll, two types of treats, a squeaky ice cream bar, a rope toy, and a $20 gift certificate!!


Wow.  This alone made my week, and then the very next day these arrived:






The photo quality isn't great, but the beds are!  They are Molly Mutt Duvets - a great alternative to buying a whole new dog bed.  The duvets are fun, colorful , and easy to wash; plus it was a great way to get rid of some old dog blankets and bed stuffing that was taking up space in an ugly way.  So bye-bye Grover-blue bed.  See ya later off-white-used-to-be-white giant dog bed.  Adios old comforter from the corner of my bedroom.  In a true Mary Poppin's style, they all somehow fit into these duvets.  So now my dogs can melt in this ridiculous heat on adorable dog beds with some fun new toys around them.  Happy day!

7 comments:

  1. what great prizes now chew up that Vick doll
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elli has this ugly pink-leopard-print pillow that she adores to death, and sleeps on until it's time to cuddle with me for the night that i want one of those duvets for! They're so gorgeous! Congrats on Skye's win, what great prizes!

    oooh. And good luck with that pupsicle toy -- Elli would have the stick chewed off within 30 minutes, guaranteed. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Y'all!

    Love the Duvets! Skye, keep you eye on YOUR new toys! Parker obviously has designs.

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like some fun packages there! I love the Zukes treats too - and so do the pooches.

    http://bwpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We can see why Skye won the contest; beautiful picture. We have considered trying the duvets. Please let us know how well they hold up. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new beds!

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picture! congrats on winning!! I get all my dog beds from http://www.funnyfur.com/plushdogbeds.aspx if your ever looking for cheap durable beds.
    I love the Vicks doll. Great Idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...