Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sensory Overload!

I feel like so much has happened this week that I want to post about, but I'd rather not write a novel.  I'll have to tell you in pictures...


Sinatra is trying to tell you that Skye got her tooth out.  It was expensive, and I was oddly concerned about her, but she is 100% back and ready for action!  In fact, I think the pain from the tooth had been making her irritable for a while now and I just didn't notice until I saw her running and playing with the boys today how different she had been acting.  Silly pit bull didn't show any pain exactly, but was very crabby around other dogs for the past few weeks.


Sinatra is settling in nicely.  Now that he's comfortable, I've been contending with a few behaviors I wish he didn't do, but one of the benefits of fostering a dog is that you get to polish them up a little around the edges for their real home.  His excessive love for Skye, as well as a bit of possessive behavior around toys, will be a focus in our training.  Otherwise, he's been a great boy and he's trying reaaaallllly hard to fit in.  Skye took pity on him today and showed him how to play in the sprinkler...


See? Jump and grab, jump and grab!

Ok! JUMP!!!

GRAB!! This is great!

Maybe I spoke too soon....


On Monday I'll be bringing Sinatra to a vet that may be willing to neuter him.  I'm also hoping to weigh him and get an estimated age, because I like having facts.  I'd guess he is in the 65-75 lb range (he's a little thin), while Skye is 42lbs of solid muscle.  I still haven't managed to get the little punks to sit next to each other for a nice picture, but you can sort of see the size difference in this video...



What I love is that Skye is incapable of doing anything without noise, while Sinatra is still finding a voice in the first place.  Every once in a while he'll try some type of barking or whining, but he doesn't get it.  Poor Parker just watched in horror as he realized that he now has 2 big dumb blockheads to keep in line.  Sorry Bubba.


9 comments:

  1. I love the water playing pics

    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Sinatra is settling in. I'm wishing him good luck for his trip to the vet.

    Skye probably feels so much better with her tooth issue resolved. Sounds like she is feeling much more spunky and less moody, and more ready to enjoy having a new brother around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hilarious pictures of the water in the face
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Y'all!

    Wow! I've be ignoring our sprinklers...what have I been missing?

    Y'all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Skye hugging the water. All the pics are great. :) Glad all is going pretty well with big boy...and that Skye's expensive extraction :( went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like he is settling in really well!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to hearing about the wonderful new home you're going to help Sinatra find! And glad Skye's tooth is no longer causing her pain!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to see Sinatra enjoying himself! They really like that sprinkler huh?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great photos! I've heard amazing things about the transformation dogs experience in response to getting dental issues dealt with. Glad you've had good results so far too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...