Thursday, June 21, 2012

Walkin on Sunshine

The other day Skye and I headed out to meet with a training client.  Well, silly us, we forgot that someone was planning to ROB A BANK!  The highway was closed until... well... the high speed chase was over.  So there I was, sitting in traffic, having rescheduled my client, and I thought- now's my chance to conquer another Koly & Kelly's K9 Kamp challenge!  We got off the highway and drove to the beach.  We love the beach in the off season, when the dogs can run off leash, but I usually avoid it once the crowds come rolling in.





I didn't have my camera, so sorry for minimal pictures.  This was a challenge for Skye and I because these are our least favorite types of walks.  On leash.  No grass.  No Easy-walk harness.  That's right, we actually had to focus and work on our leash skills together.  We didn't start out so hot- Skye was all over the place and not feeling like paying much attention.  We played her favorite game- touch- and started over.  After that she was great- we passed all kinds of people, a few dogs, surfers, and even some teenagers with two kittens on leashes!  At the end of the walk, Skye got to do her favorite thing- walk on the seawall.




It was a good walk even though it isn't our preference.  Kol- you kicked our butt on this one!

5 comments:

  1. I was totally trying to read this quickly on my phone and read "The other day Skye and I headed out...planning to ROB A BANK!" I was immediately like "WHAT?!?! Don't they know the first rule of bank robbery is to NOT TELL ANYONE?!" Glad to hear your plan was much less felonious! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were hoping you robbed millions, BOL. Glad it turned out to be productive
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all your water photos! Makes me wish we lived by the ocean (Lake Michigan hardly counts!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love spontaneous detours. Glad you made the most of yours:)

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    ReplyDelete
  5. dumb bank robbers!

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...