Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Meet the Gang: Daphne

Oh Daphne, how I love you.  I met Daphne when she was just 10 weeks old and I've been smitten with her ever since.  That's saying a lot, since we spend 3 full days a week together!


First meeting with Daphne!


Daphne is a lemon Basset Hound with the sweetest personality.  I never get sick of taking pictures of her running- from her fat little feet to her long droopy ears, she turns heads everywhere she goes.






Daycare with me is a unique opportunity- I only take certain dogs.  They are young and need both training and exercise.  They spend the day with me walking off leash and learning basic to advanced manners.  It's a lot of fun because there is always a dog to work with. 





At 6 months, Daphne has very few problem behaviors that you sometimes see in adolescence.  She doesn't jump, is good on leash and off, and gets along with everyone she meets.  Every now and then her nose gets her in trouble or she tries to be stubborn, but otherwise Daphne is so sweet and easy to take care of.




Unfortunately, Daphne recently injured her shoulder jumping out of the car (Basset Hounds aren't built for gymnastics).  Each time she seems better and rejoins us on our walks, the limp comes back.  While her owners desperately want her to come with me and play, I'm worried that we are hindering her recovery.  But I can't wait to have my floppy little sausage back!




In other news, this weekend at the MSPCA in Methuen, MA there is a free Canine Good Citizen test for pit bulls.  For each pit bull and owner that pass the test, the Animal Farm Foundation will donate $150 to the MSPCA.  I happen to have a pit bull who is not CGC certified, so on Sunday Skye and I are headed down to give that test a run for its money.  Cross your paws that the floor isn't too cold, otherwise Skye will refuse to lay her bald little chest on it! 


But I get pity points, right?

8 comments:

  1. I can see why you've fallen in love with Daphne. She's a sweetie.

    Good luck with the CGC. We passed on Sunday despite it being a bad training day (I swear Honey had been kidnapped by aliens).

    I think free Pittie CGC testing is a great idea. I hope the campaign raises lots of money and good will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to Skye on her CGC testing! That last photo of her is super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!

    Silas doesn't like the cold, either. Poor short-haired babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, great picture of Skye getting tangled in the leash. Sometimes it seems like we spend more time untangling our dogs than actually walking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh you're braver than I am, I still haven't taken either of my dogs. :-) Good luck!!

    Love Daphne and hope her shoulder feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck, Skye, that's exciting!!!!!!!!!

    Also, I love Daphne too, I'm a sucker for a dog with great ears!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daphne, it's just so wonderful to meet you. You are such a cute one and we love the photo of you running on the big open grass. Thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful rest of your day.
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...