Our pal Elli over at Identity V + E has passed on a really fun award! When I first started blogging, I got a few awards. At the time, I thought it was really nice but didn't actually pass it on or participate. Clearly, I was missing out, cause this is fun!
First, I'll tell you 10 things you don't know about Parker and Skye. At least, I don't think you know these things. If you do, my bad. I'm watching Dollhouse while typing, so a small amount of distraction is unavoidable.
1. Parker does not enjoy or tolerate being picked up by people outside of the family. He will growl/scream/verbally protest and if you push it, he'll nip you.
2. When I got Parker, he had 3 types of worms and Lyme disease. My vet thinks that he had Lyme long enough that his lower back and hips are sore. Hence not wanting to be lifted.
3. Parker is obsessed with cats. At work, he'll stand at the door to the cat room for hours. Hours! If you move his leg, he won't move it back. A dog can walk up to him, and he won't even look. We call it Kitty TV, and it isn't healthy.
4. Parker's favorite trick is 'dance,' but he also knows 'roll' and 'bang' (play dead).
5. Parker is very noise sensitive- he even shied away from the clicker when I first started training him with it!
6. Skye has a running/barking dream nearly every night.
7. Whenever I am getting the dog's food ready, Skye will go sit on a rug where her bowl would end up. I never taught her to do this, but I love that she stays out of my way.
8. Skye does make yodeling pit bull crazy noises the entire time I'm getting her food ready, but at least she does it from the other room.
9. Skye has a C-section scar from her former life.
10. For a long time, Skye loved being picked up and carried like a baby. My roommate would do it all the time. But after the intestinal infection that landed her in the emergency hospital, she will cry when I try this.
Now then, I get to pass this on to 6 blogs I follow! Yay!
Dog Foster Mom
House of Carnivores
Maisie & Me
Married With Dogs
Paulie James Foster Baby