Friday, April 27, 2012

Focus on Fun: The Canal






Where:  The Canal- Old Town Rd in Wenham, MA








The Perks:

A client introduced me to the Canal while we were training.  This is another favorite spot for practicing off leash recall.  There is a path on either side of the canal and a bridge connecting the two about 3 miles down.  On the outside of the paths is swamp, making it very likely that your dog will stick around.






There are sticks to kill, water to swim in, other dogs to race, and it goes on for ever!  I will generally walk for about 2 hours here, with the dogs racing back and forth.  There are usually turtles, herons, geese, ducks, and frogs to keep the dogs on their toes.  I usually see a few other people when I'm there, but it's only very busy on Saturdays.





Needs Improvement:

Really, nothing.  It can be windy, but when the sun is out it's fantastic!  Parker likes to get in the muck and sometimes Skye gets beaten up by sticks, but that's more on her than the Canal.  It is farther away than most of my other spots, but I still take the time to go when I can.






All in all:

I wish the canal was closer to home.  The dogs always have a great time there and get home tired.  Skye gets to swim here and it is easy to see people coming.  Fun fun fun!!




7 comments:

  1. I loooooooove that picture of Parker! And I think I would love you canal. Looks like a great dog spot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to check out some of these places. It looks awfully fun to go to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um can you teleport me and the pups there please?

    Stop on by for a visit
    Kari
    http://dogisgodinreverse.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the biggest belly laugh at the Parker picture. It's so funny to see the Skye and the other dog running and then in Parker's picture he just seems so small, trotting along! I am sure he can run like crazy too, his size is just deceiving. =) Looks like a fantastic area!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice spot and pictures, the dogs look super happy !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what an absolute blast you all had there! :D Great stick and chase photos! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...